Sunday, March 17, 2013


This UFO event took place in 1958 near Portglenone, Ireland on December 30 when farmer Joseph Bennett reported that a thirty-foot high oak tree had been split apart by an unidentified flying thing  His story was not believed by townspeople, so he suggested that they come and view the tree.  When they did, they were nonplussed, for ten feet from the ground the tree had been cut in two, and there was no evidence of burning or scorching, which would have been the case had it been struck by lightning.  Nor was there any evidence that anyone had climbed or in any way scaled the tree in order to lop it off at that height.

Bennett claimed that he had been walking in his fields that afternoon and heard a strange noise which sounded like a rush of wind.  Then, he said, he saw a "big black thing, about seven feet across" which came hurtling through the air about twenty feet above the ground.  It was coming out of the south and heading into the northwest when it hit the oak, splitting it in two. It then elevated into the sky and was out of sight in seconds.

As we  view the years behind us in this narrative we see no apparent pattern of behavior of the disks.  They do seem to be, as Aime Michel, the French researcher, calls them, transient phenomena of random occurrence.  And yet, as each new case comes to light and is investigated and studied, we get "repeats" which seem to indicate some kind of relationship between one report and another.

Now a report from  an alternate web site dealing with sightings in the Four Corners area:

This afternoon I was at my daughter's place in the country.  She lives on M.4 road.  We were outside when something "parted" the air and went over us so fast you couldn't see it.  It was pretty low too, it is a wonder it didn't hit the house as it is a tall log house.  Whatever it was must have been traveling thousands of miles an hour or it was cloaked!  We both heard the air parting with a woosh! - Aileen 

Here is another report from Greece:

In Agiou Apostolou where the priest Papa Costas lived, his roof was struck by something which made a very loud noise, and he assumed that there had been an earthquake because the whole house shook.  Papa Costas rushed outside where he talked with many of his neighbors who described the strange craft which had flown over.  Simultaneous with the sound, all radios in the area stopped working and the electric current in one house failed completely.  The next morning, when Papa Costas investigated in the daylight, he found that many of the tiles on the roof had been displaced or knocked to the ground and assumed that the low-flying object had touched the roof as it skimmed over the village at low altitude.  The whole story was met with a certain amount of skepticism, but inasmuch as two villages and scores of people told the same story, little headway was made in discounting the incident.

No comments: