Thursday, April 29, 2010


At the monthly meeting of the Aerial Phenomena Research Group here in Cortez on April 24 a young woman came in all excited. She brought the above picture that she had taken on March 30, 2010. All she remembered was walking into the kitchen and nothing else. This photo appeared on her cell phone! You can see the size of it so it had to be close. Also please notice the little round balls in red and blue and the shape of something above it outlined in red. The odd thing is she didn't remember having the cell phone in her hand! To retrieve her memories of what happened during that time she will be going under regressive hypnosis very soon.


On the morning of 25 October 1593, a Spanish soldier suddenly appeared on the Plaza Mayor (the principle square) of Mexico City. He was wearing the insignia of the regiment which at that moment was guarding the walled city of Manila, in the Philippine Islands, more than 9,000 miles away on the other side of the Pacific Ocean. How did this soldier come to be in Mexico City? The truth is that he had no idea. All he knew was that he had suddenly found himself no longer in Manila but in Mexico. But there was something else that he said he did know. He said that His Excellency Don Gomez Perez Dasmarinas, governor of the Philippines, was dead. A preposterous rumor of course. But one that spread through the Mexican capital like wildfire.

Although puzzled as to how precisely the soldier could have traveled so far without so much as soiling his uniform, the Spanish authorities in Mexico jailed him as a deserter from the Manila garrison. An awkward Fortean "damned fact" was thus safely swept under the carpet, and no doubt folks breathed again with relief.

And so the weeks passed, while our soldier languished in the brig: the long, slow weeks necessary for news to travel by galleon along the regular sailing route from Spain, which runs via Manila to Acapulco, the port on the west coast of Mexico. From Acapulco the news would pass by messenger up across the great Sierras and into the sky-girt Valley of Mexico.

And then suddenly Mexico City was full of the news. His Excellency Don Gomez Perez Dasmarinas, governor of the Philippines for King Philip II, was dead - murdered by a mutinous Chinese crew off Punta de Azufre just as he was setting sail on a military expedition against the Molucca Islands! And, moreover, he had been murdered on the very day that the mysterious soldier from the Manila garrison had appeared on the Plaza Mayor of Mexico City.

The Most Holy Tribunal of the Inquisition, always alert for signs of witchcraft and "diablerfa" took charge of the case. But still the soldier could not tell them how he had traveled from Manila to Mexico. All he could tell them was that it had been "in less time than it takes a cock to crow."

The Inquisition ordered that the man be returned to Manila for further investigation of the matter, and on his arrival there it was established beyond question, on the word of not a few witnesses, that the soldier had indeed been there on duty in the city of Manila on the night of 24 October 1593, just as it was proven beyond any peradventure that on the following morning he had been apprehended on the Plaza Mayor in Mexico City, over 9,000 miles away.

There are reliable records of this episode. It is no fabrication. And the best term with which we can label it, is one already familiar to us from the annals of psychic research; teleportation.

I suggest that the Manila/Mexico case and many others are all UFO phenomena.

by Gordon Creighton from the pages of The Flying Saucer Review

No comments: