Sunday, April 21, 2013



The following is the narrative supplied to the area commander of the California State Highway Patrol by Stanley Scott and Charles Carson, who are the principals in the case:

Officer Scott and I were eastbound on Hoag Road, east of Corning, looking for a speeding motorcycle when we saw what at first appeared to be a huge airliner dropping from the sky.  The object was very low and directly in front of us.  We stopped and leaped from the patrol vehicle in order to get a position on what we were sure was going to be an airplane crash.  From our position outside the car the first thing we noticed was absolute silence  Still assuming it to be an aircraft with power off, we continued to watch until the object was probably within one hundred to two hundred feet from the ground when it suddenly reversed completely at high speed and gained approximately five hundred feet altitude.  There the object stopped. At this time it was clearly visible to both of us and obviously not an aircraft of any design familiar to us.  It was surrounded by a glow making the round or oblong object visible.  At each end, or each side, of the object there were definite red lights.  At times about five white lights were visible between the red lights.  As we watched, the object moved again and performed aerial feats that were actually unbelievable.

At this time we radioed Tehama County Sheriff's office requesting they contact the local radar base.  The radar base confirmed the UFO - completely unidentified.

Office Scott and myself, after our verification, continued to watch the object.  On two occasions the object came directly toward the patrol vehicle.  Each time it approached, the object turned and swept the area with a huge red light.  Officer Scott turned the red light on the patrol vehicle toward the object and it immediately went away from us.  We observed the object used the red beam approximately six or seven times, sweeping the sky and ground areas.  The object began moving slowly in an easterly direction and we followed.  We proceeded to the Vina Plains fire station where we again were able to locate the object.  As we watched, it was approached by a similar object from the south.  It moved near the first object and both stopped, remaining in that position for some time, occasionally emitting the red beam.

Finally both objects disappeared below the eastern horizon.  We returned to the Tehama County Sheriff's office and met Deputy Fry and Deputy Montgomery, who had gone to Los Molinos after contacting the radar base.  Both had seen the UFO clearly and described to us what we saw.  The night jailer also was able to see the object at 2350 hours and observed it for approximately two hours and fifteen minutes.The night jailer, from a point farther north, saw it, and marched his several prisoners out onto the roof of the jail, each of whom saw it.  Each time the object neared us we experienced radio interference.

We submit this report in confidence for our information, we were calm after our initial shock and decided to observe and record all we could of the object.

Subsequent investigation yielded the facts that radio interference had been experienced by law officers in the area for about two hours prior to the sighting itself, and Fry and Montgomery had contacted the radar base and knew that the object was confirmed.

This report was given to APRO  August 13, 1960 at 11:50 p.m.

No comments: