Thursday, May 30, 2013


Mr. Jerzy Szpulecki, Wylatowo, Poland
June 30, 2000, approx. 12:15 am
Approximately 7 minutes
Wylatowo, Poland
Interviewed by Nancy Talbott


In the early morning of July 22, 2000 Mr. Jerzy Szpulecki, a farmer in this rural area of central Poland, was working late at night on a new house he was building on the edge of a wheat field farmed by his neighbor, Tadeusz Filipczak.  At 12:15 am the lights in his house suddenly went out and he came downstairs to check for a short circuit or other possible cause.  As he reached the first floor he could see, through the large windows in the front of the house, that the street-lights on the nearby road were also out, and that there were no lights in houses nearby.

Almost immediately he then saw a "strange" red light in the sky coming down very slowly, toward the field in front of his house.  The light was a very bright red, spherical in shape, about 0 m (65 +/- ft.) in diameter and, when first seen, was about 500 m above the trees on the left side of the field.  As the light came closer he saw what looked like a turbulent and rotating misty "white fog" above the red light which - as the object descended about 80m out in the field and directly in from of his windows - then appeared to be "some type of craft."  As it got closer it banked at an angle and continued to descend to the field, but very very slowly.

At this point the glowing, bright red sphere seemed to be an outer shell of some sort, surrounding an inner white mass of fog, which was constantly swirling or rotating within the red sphere.  As this strange object got closer to the ground it began to enlarge into a much bigger, but still round, object and seemed to "discharge something into the air around it."  Mr. Szpulecki says the he thinks the "craft" was the color of the white mist" (meaning that there was a white foggy material swirling around an actual solid craft, all of which was not inside the red sphere).  He also had the impression that the surrounding red shell was "driving" the object inside.

As the object descended to about 20m above the ground he began to notice a "pressure" on his body, and as it got close to the ground sparks erupted, "like a short-circuit... I saw it touch the ground... when it touched down there were brilliant flashes like lightning"  And, as it landed, multiple "arms" suddenly extended out of the center of the object, slowly bending down to the ground.  At this point the red glow became so bright "it was hard to watch because it hurt my eyes."  There seemed to be four of these "arms" (tentacle-like protrusions, which angled down toward the ground) and which were all the same length and bluish in color and on the ends of each of the "arms" there was an even brighter, round, violet-colored light-ball.  These violet light-balls were the brightest part of the whole object and wee very difficult to watch" because the brightness hurt his eyes.

Mr. Szpulecki was not completely certain about the number of these protruding arms, saying first that there were four of them, but later saying there may have been five of six.  His primary impression, through, was that there were only four.

At this point the witness noticed that there were at least three cars stopped on the road next to the field, their occupants apparently also watching the object. The next day he heard from other villagers that "many" people had seen the glowing red ball of light as it crossed the sky heading toward the field.

Mr. Szpulecki reports that the object  sat touching the ground for "at least a minute," with sparks flying and giving off an intense light, and that it was during this time that he became aware of a physical "pressure" on his body.  This sensation of something pressing on his body, and particularly on his head, was noticed most as the "arms" were extended from the object as it settled down to the ground.  Even though only the top half of his body was exposed to the windows, he is sure that he felt this strong pressure all over.  He reported no typical electromagnetic effects (such as the hair on his arms, or back of his neck rising) and did not have a headache, and states that he smelled nothing unusual and heard no sound at all during the entire episode.  On an instinctual level he was certain that this "energy" (as evidenced by both the brilliant light being given off by the object, and the pressure on his body) was not harmful to people.

After what the witness states was about a minute the protruding arms retracted and the object, whose white swirling center continued to rotate constantly inside the red outer shell, rose into the air a few meters and then descended into the field again, a "short distance" away. Again the "arms" (with the brilliant violet spheres of light on the ends) protruded out of the object, bending down to the ground and again he felt a very strong pressure on his body, particularly on his head.  "Many sparks" also accompanied this second landing of the object, but this time Mr. Szpulecki states that they were "returning to the mist" instead of coming from it.. that the sparks were coming up to the object from the ground.

Finally, after sitting on the ground this second time for about a minute, the arms again retracted and the "red shell closed in again around the white center" so that all he could see at this point was the red ball of light - and the whole object started to rise, becoming smaller in overall size as it rose.  Its red glow, "like a brilliant sunset," became so intense that it lit up the room in which the witness was standing.  Slowly, it simply drifted away across the fields and disappeared in the distance.  Mr. Szpulecki estimates the amount of time that had elapsed from when he first saw the object to when it disappeared at about 7 minutes.

Although when he had first spotted the object he thought it was something "on fire," during the sighting it became clear that the field did not catch fire and he got the impression instead that this was something "other-worldly" maybe "extraterrestrial."  He stated he was profoundly moved emotionally and completely awed and amazed by what he had seen, stating that "it was beautiful" and that he had not felt threatened or been afraid.  This intense emotional response lasted for about half-an-hour after the object departed, "like after drinking a glass of beer."  Again he reiterated that he felt this energy was not harmful to people.  While interviewing Mr. Szpulecki (and on the videotape) it was apparent that he was still markedly moved by his recollection of this experience.

Since the electricity in the house was still out Mr. Szpulecki went back upstairs to retrieve his wristwatch before returning to his home and discovered that it had stopped at 12:01 a.m, the time when he believed the power had been interrupted.  Because it was obvious that the wheat field was not on fire and because he had never heard of a crop circle, he returned to his home in the village.

The next morning a neighbor, whose house also faces the field in which the object had landed, informed Mr. Szpulecki that there was a strange marking in the wheat field - a pictogram-style crop circle which was, it turned out, flattened into the wheat in the precise location where the amazing object had landed the night before.  Furthermore, the design of this pictogram (described by the neighbor as "something like a cross") was strikingly similar to the witness's description of the strange object itself with its "arms" extended, ending in the smaller violet light spheres on the end of each.  In another field on the north side of the road (only a few meters away) an additional 20m diameter ringed circle was also found.  Both men struggled to grasp the significance of the symbols, but were unable to "understand the meaning of the signs."

Many people described the formation in Wylatowo in 2000 as being "cross-like" in character, and the crop circle design at Golabki in 2002 resembled a Celtic Cross -- and both closely approximated the fiery red object which Mr. Szpulecki describes landing in the field in front of his house. Whether these events are in any way associated with the very similar mark found in 2001, embedded in a carp's body many miles away, is unknown, but in an overwhelmingly Catholic country with an enduring interest in spiritual matters it is surely understandable that a good deal of curiosity has been aroused.
This case was researched by Nancy Talbot

No comments: